Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: misting doll's hair

  1. #1
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In another topic (Top 10 most helpful things you've learned on this board), several times it was mentioned that a doll's hair should be misted with water once a week. Felicity and Josefina just joined our household on Christmas day. Should we be misting their hair? What do we do? Just spray it with water?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The doll hair salon stylist at AGP said that the hair should be misted every week- it was an idea that they had been pushing to have printed on a tag that comes with the dolls. Doing this helps the fibers of the wig from drying out.

    I have the little mister AG used to sell in the hair care set, but any spritz bottle would work (I know you can buy bigger spray bottles at the drug store, people use them to cool down during sports or at the beach, etc). I mist through the hair (a lighter mist for Kailey, rather heavy one for Addy b/c of hair types) then brush, starting at the bottom and working upwards (this assures less hair will be pulled out).

    I hope you have luck with this... and congrats on having two new dolls join your home!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Felicity's hair will be no problem to mist since hers is usually pulled back like when we got her.

    For Josefina, I haven't taken the braid out and don't plan on doing so (unless it eventually comes out itself). Should I mist her hair with the braid in?

    We have a mister than my son uses for his toads and frog. The water in it is "stale" (meaning it has sat out for 24 hours to dechlorinate) and then additional dechlorination drops added. Would it be ok to use this same water or do we want to use tap water or another type of water?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member brightlights76's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have I mentioned how much I really like doing doll hair? I really, really do! It's very relaxing to me in some unidentifiable way. Anyway, with Josefina, you should mist her hair through her braid. I've seen the AGPC stylists show how to mist dolls with braids at the "point of braiding"...which appears to be the "X" of the braid. Do it on the top and bottom of the hair. With new dolls, you probably don't have to do it every single week...but for sure every time you brush or if it is really dry at your house(like it is at mine in the winter). CONGRATULATIONS on your new dolls! YEA!


    OH! Edited to add that I wouldn't use anything besides regular water (with no chemicals added) to mist your dolls' hair. Whew...

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ January 13, 2004 10:26 PM: Message edited by: brightlights76 ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member brightlights76's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Taffy, you hit it right on the head! (Pardon the pun...and don't hit dolls on the head [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) PLUS, after you are finished you have a beautiful accomplishment. Better even than a rack of clean dishes next to your sink! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by brightlights76:
    Have I mentioned how much I really like doing doll hair? I really, really do! It's very relaxing to me in some unidentifiable way.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This I understand. It is a physical activity that permits you to let go of everything else. Repetitive in a way that requires only minimal attention so you can let your mind drift off...

    Taffy

  7. #7
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hair repair is an activity that I really enjoy too! I enjoy the challenge, the sense of accomplishment and success, and the art of it. Plus I think there's a sense of doing something the doll is grateful for. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Joy

  8. #8
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had some non-AG dolls and I was able to mostly repair their hair with misting. It's amazing. I didn't know about the once a week deal either. My neice is returning her year-old Kirsten because of her hair falling out. I wonder if lack of misting is a problem?

    She's getting a new Kirsten and AG said they'd exchange it no-questions-asked, if anyone was interested.

    -Michele

  9. #9
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for all your replies. We will start misting tonight!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •